UPDATE – 08/24/2009: New Component Explorer here (now includes Flex 4, AIR 2 and mobile samples!)
If you are new to Flex or if you are just curious about the capabilities of Flex, the Flex 3 Component Explorer is a great place to learn by example. Click on a component in the list, see a working sample on the right with the code below it.
The explorer has been available for awhile but I have met several Flex developers that were unaware of its existence.
Other Flex resources:
- My other Flex-related blog postings
- ILOG Elixir Flex Component Explorer (advanced data visualization components)
- Flex Cookbook – another great source of Flex examples
- Flex.org – great resource for everything Flex
- Flex Application Showcase
- Adobe.com home page for Flex
- Adobe Developer Connection home page for Flex
- Students and Faculty – get Flex Builder FREE
- Top 10 mistakes when building Flex Applications – InfoQ interview with James Ward